Monday, March 21, 2011

Passing Praxis: Changing your focus


You have taken the time to become a teacher and a professional test taker.  You are the guide on the side and not the sage on the stage. 

    Take the initiative and control your actions.  As time goes on, I am getting wiser, not older, in acknowledging how I am running my life.  I use to think that teachers were just there to give me a grade and pass me along to graduation. Not realizing that the teachers really studied hard to make sure I knew the correct information instead of information based on theory.  I remember taking a math class for algebra where the teacher did not care and taught remedial stuff.
 Since that incident I felt it was up to me to take control of my education and make the best of what was around me from old math text books, to encyclopedias.  There was always a way to find out the information that I needed to be successful.  One best way to change your focus on what you are about to do is to be prepared by gaining more knowledge than what is asked of you.  This will allow you to have a wide range of materials to attack a particular situation.  Remember you are a sum of your life experiences.  You can not talk to anyone about something that you have not done with out the obtaining knowledge about it from someone you've met, reading a book, reading a blog, etc. 


"This could be the greatest time you've ever lived. If you can control what you focus on. If you find a more em-powerful meaning and you decide to model the actions of those who've succeeded before you."
- Anthony Robins
However I do challenge you to take control over your education and make a difference in other people lives.  I know and understand times are hard, but try to see the better side of things when things seem bleak. I will conclude that You must change your focus or fail.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...