Friday, April 4, 2014

Currently Studying for Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification


High Level: Input and Output Process

Completing my Masters in Applied Information Technology, I was introduced into the world of Project Management.   Thinking to myself about this profession, it is very similar to teaching just in a different environment, different terminology, and dealing with money.  However, they Teaching and Project Managers (PM) are focusing on the same processes: What you put into the classroom (project) your output should be modified in some form or fashion.

A Teacher teaches a student and the Student in turn teaches another or utilizes what was taught to apply it to other aspects in life.

A Project Manager takes the Business requirements (usually documented) and mold it into a unique item and/or service that the business wants.

Understanding this concept, I have gravitated toward this profession.

Please follow along as I take you through my journey of studying for the PMP Certifcation (some time this year.)

For more information about the Certification please go here: http://www.pmi.org/en/Certification/Project-Management-Professional-PMP.aspx



1 comment:

Miah Charley said...

PMI’s Project Management Professional (PMP) ® credential is the most important industry-recognized certification for project managers. Recently I went for a PMP prep course by the training provider mentioned above, the instructor was too good and I passed with relative ease. Looking forwards to apply what I learned in PMP class in my company.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...